BIOLASE Laser Treatments
For soft tissue procedures, Dr. Curotto utilizes the BIOLASE E.Z.lase 810 to provide versatility, dependability and state-of-the-art technology that allows for cosmetic gum contour or as an alternative to expensive and painful gum surgery. The high-quality design and ease of use with this laser provide improved and enhanced patient comfort.
Due to its conservative, gentle cutting action and coagulating capabilities, the E.Z.lase performs many soft tissue (i.e. gum) procedures with little or no gum bleeding, with less post operative swelling. Wound healing and healing time and comfort are phenomenal. The results are simply amazing.
Soft Tissue (Gum) Laser Dentistry Procedures
- Gummy Smile - Dental lasers can reshape gum tissue to expose healthy tooth structure and improve the appearance of a gummy smile.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenula) – A laser frenectomy is an ideal option to reduce tissue recession during orthodontics (braces).
- Benign Tumors - Dental lasers may be used for the painless and suture-free removal of benign tumors from the gums, palate, sides of cheeks and lips.
- Cold Sores - Low intensity dental lasers reduce pain associated with cold sores while promoting healing and minimizing healing time.
- Tissue Regeneration - Photobiomodulation can sometimes result in regeneration of deep peridontal (gum) pockets and is a more conservative approach to bone and gum problems.